Header

 photo Home_zps26a364cd.png  photo AboutMe_zps6643b490.png  photo Contact_zps9a7ed6f9.png

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Ham, Swiss, & Leek Roll

This Saturday, my grandmother showed me how she makes her DELICIOUS ham, swiss, & leek roll. It's such great recipe because it's elegant, yet simple. And did I mention that it's delicious?

Ingredients:
1/4 pound thinly sliced ham
1/4 pound thinly sliced swiss cheese
3 leeks (washed and thinly sliced; whiter portion only)
black pepper
1 egg, beaten
1 sheet puff pastry (approximately 12"x12")

Roll out the puff pastry sheet, to thin and even it out a bit. Layer ham across the middle third of the puff pastry, then the swiss cheese over the ham, and finally the sliced leeks. Sprinkle with a generous amount of ground black pepper.
Fold the puff pastry over the filling...
Then tuck in the ends, and brush the top with the egg wash.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 30-40 minutes and viola!
The leeks become soft and sweet, which is perfectly complemented by the salt of the ham and the healthy dose of black pepper. I can't wait to try and make this myself, and I can definitely see it becoming a go-to recipe for me. Now if someone would just have a dinner party sometime soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment