Header

 photo Home_zps26a364cd.png  photo AboutMe_zps6643b490.png  photo Contact_zps9a7ed6f9.png

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Garden Wish List: New Plants!

Yesterday I spotted hyacinths and daffodils that have broken through in the yard! Yay! This of course led to fantasies of warmer weather and all of the life that bursts forward with it.

Here are a few perennials that I would love to add to the yard this year:

1. Lots of lavender.
(Preferably the 'Grosso' cultivar, a highly fragrant hybrid with deep purple flowers)

2. Pom Pom Poppies
Bonus if I can find a beautiful salmon color like this:

3. Purple Hydrangea

4. Snowball Viburnum
Pretty sure I've been loving these for years but mistakenly assuming they're hydrangeas.

5. Purple Allium

6. Pale Pink Peonies
We have medium pink, white, and even a deep magenta...but I'm loving this delicate pale pink.

*Sigh*...aren't they all beautiful? I'd settle for 3 out of 6 this summer. And... uhhh...finally getting last summer's roses in the ground. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I love your flower choices! Came across your blog, looking for pictures of pink pom-pom poppies ~ I'd love to grow some of those, too. And lavender is another favorite. Happy gardening! You'll have to post pics if these make it into your landscape plan ...
    ~ Susie

    ReplyDelete